Nothing beats a bowl of noodles with tasty vegetables for a quick and healthy meal.
By Quick & Easy Korean Cooking, The Nest
Nothing beats a bowl of noodles with tasty vegetables for a quick and healthy meal. This particular recipe is great for a summer lunch, since it can be served chilled or at room temperature. Prepare the veggies while the water is coming to a boil, so you can make a tasty dish in no time.
[post_ads]Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound dried somen noodles (about 4 bundles)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 pickling or Persian cucumbers, coarsely shredded
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, then add the somen and cook until al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Drain well and divide the noodles among 4 large bowls.
Step 3: Stir the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
Step 4: Pile the vegetable mixture on the noodles and drizzle with the soy mixture. Top with the cucumbers, sesame seeds, and black pepper. Serve immediately.
If you're feeling more adventurous, experiment with other vegetables. Mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and sprouts work well.
Read More :