By Family Circle Makes: 4 servings Prep: 10 mins Broil: 8 mins [post_ads]Ingredients 1 pound sirloin steak, about 1-1/...
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Broil: 8 mins
- 1 pound sirloin steak, about 1-1/2 inches thick, trimmed
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large chicken bouillon cube
- 1 box (7.6 ounces) whole-wheat couscous
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- Heat broiler. Cut steak into 1-inch cubes. Thread onto 4 metal skewers, dividing equally and alternating with pepper pieces. Stir together curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the pumpkin pie spice and pepper. Sprinkle over skewers (all sides). Place on a broiler pan and set aside.
- Bring 1-1/2 cups water, bouillon and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in couscous, scallions and apricots. Turn off heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Broil skewers, 2 inches from heat, 8 minutes. Turn once.
- Fluff couscous and stir in pistachios. Spoon onto platter; top with skewers and serve.
Nutrition Information for Skewers & Couscous Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 430 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 42 mg chol., 268 mg sodium, 54 g carb. (9 g fiber), 33 g pro.