How to make NYC restaurant High Street's glazed turkey sandwich on a kaiser roll
By Esquire Editors
Welcome to Napkins Necessary, a new series from Esquire highlighting the most indulgent recipes we can get our hands on. The only qualification? That you need a sh*t-ton of napkins to consume it. Next up, the glazed turkey sandwich on a kaiser roll with green goddess dressing, courtesy of Gene Twardowski at High Street on Hudson.
- potato poppyseed Kaiser roll
- turkey breast; brined, roasted, glazed, thinly sliced
- iceberg lettuce, shaved and seasoned with green goddess dressing
- chopped B&G pickled peppers
- tomato, sliced and seasoned with olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Green Goddess Dressing
- greek yogurt
- parsley, chopped
- chives, sliced
- basil, chopped
- tarragon, chopped
- garlic purée (puréed garlic confit)
- Make green goddess dressing, adding ingredients to taste.
- Cover roasted turkey breast with glaze, brine, then thinly slice. (Or, buy it prepared.)
- Slice kaiser roll and add mayonnaise.
- Layer lettuce, turkey, peppers, and tomatoes.