Family Circle Makes : 8 servings Prep : 15 mins Cook : 24 mins in pressure cooker [post_ads] Ingredients 3 tablespoons vege...
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 24 mins in pressure cooker
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (12 oz) fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced into coins
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) Del Monte petite cut diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 8 ounces frozen sliced okra, thawed (2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 2 minutes. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to pot and cook 5 minutes, turning frequently. Remove to bowl with sausage. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil and reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle in flour and cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, 4 minutes. Add chicken, sausage, tomatoes, broth, 4 cups water, rice, okra, and salt, scraping bottom of pot to release browned bits. Seal cooker and bring up to pressure. Cook under pressure 6 minutes. Carefully release pressure and uncover. Return to heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Classic method
- Follow directions through second step, switching to a large stockpot. Follow third step, cooking onion, celery and garlic. Stir in tomatoes, broth, 4 cups water, rice, chicken and sausage; reserve okra. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Uncover and stir in okra and salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information for Gumbo Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 380 cal., 17 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 102 mg chol., 830 mg sodium, 29 g carb. (2 g fiber), 26 g pro.